Palmyra Elementary PTO
The PTO Parent Reps help first graders through their first week of eating lunch at school, prepare meals for teachers during November conferences, and host a teacher appreciation event in the Spring. Our volunteers are cooks, bakers, shoppers, and kind-hearted parents willing to volunteer their time and talents.
Race for Education (RFE)
Fundraising is an important part of the success of our PTO. We have done various fundraisers over the years from catalog sales of various products to Square 1 Art, done by your children. Volunteers are needed for promoting the fundraiser and getting necessary materials home to parents as well as helping distribute orders once they come in and are ready for pick up.
- Giant A+ Rewards: Using your Giant Rewards card when you shop at Giant Foods benefits our schools. Once you register your card, a percentage of every purchase you make is paid back to your children’s schools. Register online at www.giantAplus.com. To credit your purchases to Forge -enter code 00722; Northside -enter code 01033; Pine -enter code 01064, Lingle -enter code 05771. Last year, Giant paid our schools more than $2,000 as a result of parent participation.
- Amazon Smile: enter Amazon through Amazon smile before you shop to earn money for our schools, sign up is easy, just look for Palmyra Elementary PTO, Inc.
- Shoparoo App: Scan any receipt from your smartphone and the app does the rest! Use Forge Road School - http://www.shoparoo.com/getstarted
- Moo Money: Collect and Send Us your Turkey Hill Milk Caps
- Box Tops for Education: Don’t forget to clip Box Tops from hundreds of specially marked products. Send them into school with your child where collection baskets are in each office. Learn more about the program by visiting the official Box Tops for Education website at www.boxtops4education.com. We do real well with our Box Tops! Thanks everyone!
The Book Fair has been an annual event sponsored by the PTO and the teachers to help raise money for all four elementary schools libraries. Held in March at Pine Street Elementary. We have included a special Fall Holiday shopping fair in the last year as well. Anyone can come during this event to purchase scholastic books and supplies. This one day, one location event needs volunteers to coordinate with scholastic, advertise, setup and tear down, and handle sales transactions at the Fair.
Family Fun Nights
We have been fortunate to hold 4 fun family events throughout the school year for you to come and enjoy some quality time on us! We hold 4 since we have 4 awesome elementary schools, so one at each school! From movie night to crafts and games, these are just great fun for all!
The PTO provides a free yearbook to every 5th grade student at the end of the school year. The committee comprises 5th grade parent volunteers who are willing to help take photographs, lay out yearbook pages, serve as classroom contacts, and hand out the yearbook when it’s complete. Published by LifeTouch, the yearbook is compiled online through the publisher’s website.